File library MKBT - Make Bootable v2.0, Jan 2002
Copyright (c) 2002 Bart Lagerweij. All rights reserved.
This program is free Software; you can redistribute it under the terms of
the NU2 License (see nu2lic.txt or http://www.nu2.nu/license/).
MKBT is used for installing bootsectors. It supports FAT, NTFS and RAW
mkbt [switches] <source> <target>
<source> The source file/drive which contains the bootsector to install
<target> The target file/drive to install the bootsector on
Switches: -v Verbose mode
-c Copy mode (no install) used for copying the
-x Expert mode (do not check drive A or B only)
USE WITH CAUTION!
-l=<xxx> Set Volume Label to <xxx>
Returns errorlevel 0 when OK, 1 when some error occurred.
To install bootsector from file "bootsect.bin" onto drive A:
-> mkbt c:\os\dos622\bootsect.bin a:
To install bootsector from file "bootsect.bin" onto floppy image "288.img"
-> mkbt c:\os\dos622\bootsect.bin c:\tmp\288.img
To copy bootsector from a bootable floppy in drive A: to a file called
-> mkbt -c a: c:\os\dos622\bootsect.bin
More info: http://www.nu2/nu/mkbt/.
Beginner Computer User Fix mkbt.exe(totally automatic):
1) Download repair software application.
2) Install application and click on Scan button.
3) Press the All Repair button in the software when the diagnostic scan is successfully done.
4) Reboot your computer.
Step 1: Check if your network is behind Proxy:
1. In Start Searchbox type CMD
2. Click on CMD.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press ctrl+c and press ctrl+v in command prompt)
netsh winhttp import proxy source=ie
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on CMD button and select “Run as Administrator”
If you get the message “Direct Access (no proxy server)“, continue to the next step otherwise disable proxy from Network Settings.
Step 2: Check System Integrity:
1. Press Win Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Type CMD and Click OK.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and hold Ctrl+C and press Ctrl+V in command prompt)
The system will take some time to check. Let it run for a while. If it finds any issues in “os” integrity it will automatically fix it.